Art, Inspiration and General Musings

November 6, 2009

Give Your IKEA Couch a Facelift!

I have had the same IKEA Klippan 2-seater sofa since my friend Alan moved to Brooklyn 4 years ago and gifted it to me. I recently took a trip to IKEA to replace the slipcover only to discover the very limited color palette they offered. Enter Sweden-based company Bemz, which sells removable, washable slipcovers for most popular models of IKEA sofas, armchairs and cushions. The line features more than 100 fabrics, including some designs by popular Finnish textile company, Marimekko.

My favorite style is the "Downtown," which, according to Bemz "is characterised by organisation and minimalism, but still with soul." I've already order my samples of the urban colour palette and can't wait until they arrive! You can order your five free fabric samples here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh this is fabulous! Cool collection of Sofa Couch .

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails