Art, Inspiration and General Musings

November 19, 2009

And Thao for Something Completely Different

{photo by Tarina Westlund}

Despite the fact that they've been around since 2005, I only recently discovered Thao with The Get Down Stay Down. The trio, fronted by Thao Nguyen, released its third album, Know Better Learn Faster, on Kill Rock Stars last month. While I've been really enjoying the latest album, it's tracks like "Bag of Hammers" and "Swimming Pools" (off 2008's We Brave Bee Stings and All) and "Chivalry" (off 2005's Like the Linen) that I find myself singing out loud while washing the dishes.

Thao's lyrics are clever and catchy, the music chearful and upbeat - it's good stuff! Check them out. In fact, they play at the Independent in San Francisco this Saturday. Tickets are $17. Anyone want to go with me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails