Art, Inspiration and General Musings

October 10, 2010

It's a Small World After All...

{Disneyland gets decked out for Halloween}
I have a ton of virtual relationships thanks to the beast we all know as social media and, every once in awhile, one of those friendships jumps off the computer screen and lands in the real world. Sometimes the online connection you make with someone doesn't translate to the real world (awkward!) and sometimes it does (yay!). Take for instance, my friendship with Our Designed Life blogger Monica Nicholson. We started "tweeting" with each other nearly a year ago and usually tweet almost every day - which is more contact than I have with many of my local friends. When Monica suggested I come down to Los Angeles for a visit I was a little hesitant, but I decided to roll with it. Luckily, Monica was super awesome and I had a wonderful visit with her. She chauffeured me all around the Los Angeles area - taking me on a tour of her city (Venice Beach) and the happiest place on Earth (Disneyland). It was a whirlwind visit, but I had a blast.

{You can't keep us in the dog pound!}
{Taking Mickey's ride out for a cruise}
{Me & Steamboat Willie - aka Mickey Mouse}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails