Art, Inspiration and General Musings

August 17, 2010

Best. Present. Ever.

{Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Book, 1956}

Today, I came home to what can only be described as "the best surprise ever," a giant packaged wedged into my tiny little mailbox. I mean, who doesn't love snail mail? Wait, it gets better. Upon opening said package I discover a copy of the Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Book - dated 1956. Seriously? Okay, now this is where I tell you all how awesome my friend Jen is...seriously. I mean, what an amazingly thoughtful gift. Girl knows me so well.

So, back to the book. I mean, aside from it being the most amazing shade of blue-green, it's chock-full of amazing interiors, clever illustrations and still-relevant decorating tips. The only downside is I wish it were a catalogue I could order from! At any rate, here are just a few snippets from the book. Oh, and Jen, you rock! Love you, girl!!

{some of the chapters are: furniture arrangement, lighting, space-makers and dollarsavers}

{caption reads: "Shell of gray encircles coolness of green and white furniture, sharpened with black}
{did you know "good lighting is decorating's third dimension"?}
{learn how to accessorize!}
{caption reads: "The small, lightweight table can be moved quickly, easily when making up the sofa bed}

2 comments:

Melissa Righero said...

So awesome!! I'd be swooning over that book all day...decorating ideas!

Kimberly said...

WANT!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails