Art, Inspiration and General Musings

August 5, 2010

Architecture + Crafts = Archicraft

{colorful crocheted necklaces/scarves with wood detailing by Archicraft}

One of my favorite exhibitors at the Renegade Craft Fair was Archicraft, the brainchild of former architecture student & current crafter Cindy Liu. The Emeryville-based, one-woman company creates a variety of items that are modern, clever and totally covetable. My favorite items in the shop included the customizable laser-cut greeting cards, colorful crocheted necklaces/scarves with wood detailing and moustache bandannas. Still, my absolute favorite item was an awesome wall hanger that featured a key-shaped silhouette and corresponding plastic key-shaped key chain that fit into set silhouette - man, that's a lot of "keys." The wall hanger also featured a small slot for mail. Am I doing a bad job describing how awesome it was? Luckily, I took a picture of it (see below). Unfortunately, I didn't buy one and the Archicraft Etsy shop is currently empty (boo!). On top of that, the link provided on the Archicraft business card is not working either. Double bummer. Guess I'll just have to keep checking their Facebook page and blog for updates.

{wall hanger + key holder + mail slot = love}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails