Art, Inspiration and General Musings

July 8, 2010

Vandalized Vintage



{dork teacup by trixiedelicious, $25}

New Zealand-based artist Trixie Delicious reworks vintage plates and cups, giving them a new life with a modern twist. Each piece is hand painted using brushes and a mapping pen - no stencils or transfers here. In fact, look closely and you can even see some of the brush strokes - an intended effect. I'd also like to note that this is the first Etsy shop I've encountered that features a warning label! Of course, with a tag line like "naughty vintage china," it isn't surprising to find some of the works emblazoned with what some might dub mature or offensive lingo. So, while the pieces in the collection might not be for everyone, they had me at "fuckwit."
.
Check out more works from the Vandalized Vintage collection on Etsy or BigCartel.

2 comments:

Sabrina Michele said...

LOL! Now 'this' is awesome! ;) My best friend would love to see this! *happy sigh* Only the best things come from New Zealand, dont'cha know! ;)

Kimberly said...

I've been a fan of hers for years! One of these days, I swear I'll have one of her 7 deadly sins sets hanging on my dining room wall! Mark my words!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails