Art, Inspiration and General Musings

November 27, 2011

Holiday Wish List :: Shannon Ander

If the name Shannon Ander looks familiar it’s likely because she’s been known to make periodic appearances on this here blog. She’s my favorite Canadian, a former Closet Caser (check her out here) and a self-professed George Michael fanatic. At any rate, Shannon wanted to share one of her fondest Christmas memories with us…as well as some items that made it onto her wish list this year. Enjoy!
What is my favourite part about the holidays? OBVIOUSLY it’s the fact that I can play Wham’s “Last Christmas” on repeat and actually get away with it! My favourite Christmas of all time was in 1987. I hoped and hoped and wished so hard (and maybe even prayed a little) for George Michael’s Faith tape. I remember laying in bed all night singing “Faith” in my head and wondering why, when I sang it out loud, it never sounded as good as when I sang it in my head.
My parents had a Christmas tradition of putting three gifts at the foot of my sister and I’s bed. We could open those three at 7am when my Dad got up. Then, around 10am, we’d move to the family room to open the rest of the gifts under the tree. That Christmas I woke up at 4am and saw the little trio of gifts at the foot of my bed. I grabbed the 5″ by 3″ shaped box and very, very slowly peeled the tape on the corners off the edge to see what was inside and it was…a Kylie Minogue cassette!  I must have frantically looked back at the pile and grabbed another 5″ by 3″ box.  This time, I ripped at the tape holding the ends of the wrapping paper together and opened what would forever be known as the best Christmas gift in the world.
Wicked Good Moccasin Slippers in Fuchsia from LL Bean Calligraphy Pen by Lamy ~Puffins Passing Lithograph by Charlie Harper ~ Atlas of Remote Islands from Amazon ~Vintage Map of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (Shannon’s hometown) from Etsy seller ~Letterpress Thank-You Cards by Etsy seller Palmetto Press ~ treats from home like dill pickle chips or coffee crisp chocolate bar ~ Introduction to Letterpress Printing Workshopfrom the San Francisco Center for the Book ~ Nikon D90 (A Super Wish List Item) ~“Reworked/Remixed” CD by Trentemoller.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable post :] I love how this gift guide contains affordable and such creative stuff. Wish I had seen this earlier. Really great ideas.

Merry Christmas!
-sharon

www.simplylovelyxo.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails